www.thecatskillfarms.com

Visit our website: www.thecatskillfarms.com

Don't miss our fun Video Series

Wednesday, November 18, 2020

Sold - Farm 61 in Olivebridge NY

 We had the honor and pleasure of selling on of our new farmhouses today, a 3 bedroom 1.5 bath marvel, with a finished well-lit basement that added another 600 sq ft, and a bathroom.




The home sits on 4+ acres, and has plenty of porch and deck to enjoy.  We started this home as a spec home, meaning without a prearranged buyer - a type of 'if we build it, they will come' sort of thing.  Come they did, and the young couple who purchased it should be pretty comfy in their snazzy little home in Ulster County NY.  I mean, these homes are really neat, and you don't have to take my word for it since one could say I'm biased - the marketplace over and over says it when they come back onto the market - they sell quick, they sell for good money.  Over and over.  The amount of money - realtors, homeowners, contractors, pool guys, gardeners, landscapers, tax collectors - is really unfathomable in its immenseness.  

I think my friend Rob in one of my cottages call it the 'economic cross-multiplier' - which I'm sure is a common term for all you hoyti toyti business school grads (or actually grads that learned much in college) - but to me, it was a new phrase that encapsulated what I knew for a fact - that day to day, year to year, decade to decade - that the impact on the economic vibrancy of these towns we work in is, frankly, gigantic.

Congrats to the new owners.  Welcome to the 'hood.  Sold for the mid $500's, all in, including land, permitting, house construction and basement buildout.

No comments:

Post a Comment